Thursday, March 15, 2007

The day the Earth stood quizless

Well I hope your happy ITV play has got cancelled and it's all your fault!
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that I'm just a bit shaken up by the whole business.

For those of you not aware ITV has cancelled ITV Play (the service of premium rate phone in Tv quizzes) so now I don't get to watch The Mint or Make Your Play, I mean sure there is Glitterball but it's just not the same.

I sense you might be confused by this so I'll explain:

What - ITV ran a series of quizzes presented by hot girls (and gay Brian from Big Brother) where people at home phoned in to win cash. Most of the time the presenters just meander about talking crap. The games are mostly word games (like fill in the blanks) except Glitterball which is a series of Anagrams which I'm really rubbish at.
When - From late at night to stupid o'clock in the morning.
Where - Channel 3 on Terrestrial
Why - ITV Play has been cancelled because "officially" there were "commercial" reasons. I'm sure it didn't help that a week earlier the service had been suspended after concerns were raised that viewers phoning in could be losing money.

Anyway the point is no ITV Play so that means
A) No early morning word games that inevitably become ridiculous things you've never heard of.
B) No fake mansion sets.
C) No presenters telling rubbish life stories.
D) No attractive female presenters.

For gratuitous reasons here's what we'll all be missing out on:



Debbie King from Quizmania (she hasn't been on TV for ages but it's always worth mentioning)



Cat Porter from the Mint (she wears evening dresses and would make lovely dinner middle class conversation about different types of jam.)



Kat Shoob from the Mint (she's quite funny and stuff)



Alex Kramer from Make your Play (She's on my legendary written document "the list").

Anyway I'm sure you all see now that ITV Play was an amazing Tv service and we should all be as upset as I am that now it's gone.

In all seriousness I'll stop going on about it now.

No comments: