Monday, May 21, 2007

2007 will be a golden age of Eastern European music

I know I've been exceedingly slow to jump on this one but the two best songs of the 2007 Eurovision song contest were:

Georgia's entry: Visionary Dream


and Russia's entry: #1


For those unable to access the videos, Visionary dream starts off sounding like the opening operatic piece of a Final Fantasy game and then spirals off into a muddled mix of synths and dance beats (which Eastern Europe likes apparently). It's a bit different and I think quite interesting.

#1 is classic Girls Aloudesq stuff. Eg. dirty bass line and cheeky vocals. Nothing to complicated really.

On a side note Popjustice.com also decided that Russia's entry #1 was the best song at the Eurovision song contest. This proves to me that my ability to make my own decisions has been eroded away due to years of Videogame abuse and I now make my decisions by pre-empting what my favourite websites are going to write.

Anyway the main point still is that neither of these songs won.

No comments: