Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Academy Awards

I saw the last 20 minutes of Police Academy the other night.
This event got me remembering that every single Police Academy is good in its own individual way.
Be it Police Academy 3: Back in Training with a biker with a hilharious voice to Police Academy: Mission to Moscow being so awful it's funny.

(It's at this point I'll tell you the truth I've only seen Police Academy 1,3,4 and 7 but thats over half so I feel I can give a full judgement).

Anyway 7 Police Academy films thats a lot of sequels, six in fact and I'm sure like me you are just as curious to know the whole list.

Police Academy
Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
Police Academy 3: Back in Training
Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach
Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
Police Academy: Mission to Moscow

Notice No.5 has two colons in the title I'm not sure that's a legal English manoeuvre. Also No.7 has dropped the number, dunno why that is. Perhaps to stop people going "well there are 6 other not very good prequels on video lets not go see the 7th in the cinema."

Anyway the other thing that bothers me is who decided to pitch six sequels to Police Academy (obviously one at a time not all together). Then which crazy studio thought that making six sequels to Police Academy was a great idea? Oh the 80s what a forward thinking time for popular cinema.


Oh and just so you know I've read that an 8th Police Academy will be out in 2007, yet again proving that people in power don't learn from their predecessors mistakes.

No comments: