Saturday, June 03, 2006

Betty Curse a review of sorts

So I seem to have read a lot about Betty Curse recently.
(Can't remember where exactly but definitely in the dreadful publication that is Rock Sound).
Anyway the girl looked kinda hot (shes 19 so its ok) I was bored and curious so I went for a quick look on myspace.

(Just in case you don't know who Betty Curse is she dresses like a goth has a musical career and apparently has got a big fan base thanks to myspace).

So yeah I went to investigate her music. (Well that was the excuse I told myself) in truth I'd hoped I'd discovered a new Michelle Branch.

But no alas Betty Curse wasn't it. There was no acoustic guitar and sure the lyrics were depressing but not in the subtle way that I recall of Michelle Branch's earlier works. So there I was without a Michelle Branch alike.

However.....

On listening to her Rock Sound famed single "Excuse all the blood" I realised it sounded like that really quite shit one hit wonder band Shampoo! Remember them? They did a song to the 1st PowerRanger Movie then got famous in Japan.

The question is need I say anymore? Actually think I about covered it.

No comments: