Sunday, July 02, 2006

Local Legends

Urban Legends are great.
They're like a story combined wih a lie.
Infact that's exactly what they are.
So anyway these are my favourite urban legends I've heard.

Legend: The singer from Aqua was in a coma.
Details: Aqua were due to perform on Top of the Pops that week with some single (can't remember which (possibly Turn back time)). But supposedly the lead singer (Lene Grawford Nystrøm) had taken a lot of drugs and fallen into a coma.
How I knew it was fake: They performed on TOTP just fine. And yeah it does count as an urban legend because friends of mine heard it from other people.



Oh Aqua the only good song you ever did was Turn Back Time (which I swear contains a sample from Donkey Kong Country 2 on the SNES). Although that time you were on the Eurovison contest as half time entertainment was pretty cool.

Legend: Peter Andre was killed.
Details: Peter Andre had disappeared off the pop music scene after making some albums that were (for some reason) successful. Years followed and he was seen on some nostalgia program threatening to make a comeback in the next 6 months. This time passed and no sign of Andre. I was then informed that Peter Andre had been killed in either a (plane crash, car crash, water skiing accident, jet ski accident).
How I knew it was fake: He did make a comeback and re released some of his back catalogue (thanks to a campaign led by Chris "Paved the way to hell" Moyles).

This is my personal favourite.
Legend: Kel from Kenan and Kel was killed.
Details: This absolute dickhead at school told me that Kel was killed in a car crash and replaced with a Kel with a beard. (On a side note he also told me that his dad owned a vinyl Red Hot Chili Peppers album recorded in 1970).
How I knew it was fake: Besides the guy being a chronic liar Kenan and Kel were seen after The Kenan and Kel show in Good burger.


I recently looked up Kenan and Kel on wikipedia and it says that an urban legend went round saying that it was Kenan who died in the car crash. The reason people thought he died is because the Kenan and Kel show was cancelled so abruptly.

One day I hope to start my own Urban Legend but it will have to contain my name so I can lay claim on it.

1 comment:

Bagley said...

The only stuff I remember about Richard Farley was:
I)His name
II)All his friends were social retards who went through a period of calling each other gay and conversing over nothing else.
III)He had a really hot sister and someone once asked him if he ever watched her in the shower.

Can you inform me of other facts about him and moments of comedy.