Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A cartoon you may not remember

There was an old 80s cartoon on Channel 4 on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.
It was called Jayce and the wheeled warriors and as far as I remember it was absolutely da bomb.

Unfortunately my memories are often corrupted by years of hard videogame abuse so I went to do some research.

But I couldn't find any episodess to download (without using a torrent which are all set up on my pc which doesn't currently have internet access).
So instead I watched the shows opening theme and decided to give a judgement based entirely on this.

Here is the intro



I'll allow you to draw the key plot points of the show from it.
But I'll fill in the more subtle things you may have missed.
Like all great 80s cartoons the theme tune is an incredible with the singer really pushing his voice to extremes also they use synths which are the best instrument (they must be as they can create the sound of any other instrument).
There is a wizard with a beard in the show.
Plants are bad guys and machines are good guys. This is a good moral as nature causes problems and man fixes them (with machines). The proof of this is EVERY natural disaster that has ever happened.

So overall I'd say - Jayce is one of the best pieces of Tv ever produced by mankind.

1 comment:

Mer Ner said...

I used to watch that, but like you I have no real memories of it.