Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Subtext is for cowards

I'd like to warn you of Natasha Bedingfield's new video "I Wanna Have Your Babies" contained below this paragraph it contains a subtle and aggressive message to the youth of today.



What happens in this video (for those of you not able to watch it or whatever) is she dates an Asian guy, a blonde bloke who is clearly German, a black bloke then a plain looking English guy.
The 1st three (read foreigners or of foreign descent) she doesn't stay with or accept but the last guy, the English guy, she ends up staying with or marrying or really having kids with (it's all a bit confusing what's going on as it's a bit of a trippy video) anyway the point is the English bloke is the Baby bear to her Goldilocks.
I found this shocking. In these multi cultural times I was absolutely shaken to my very core that such blatant jingoism would be the basis of a modern pop video. I mean are other cultures not good enough or is this a social comment on mixed race children?

.....

Also the song is shit.

No comments: