Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Way down deep in the middle of the congo....the clawless otters were employed to package Um Ognob

Ok this is less an article more of a request.
Has anyone seen Um Bongo recently?
(The fruit juice drink usually in a carton).
I've been looking to get hold of some to be the basis of a fruit cocktail. I think it'd be awesome-o.

Anyway to stop me looking like some kind of information moocher I've sweetened the pill by giving you some Um Bongo facts courtesy of wikipedia.

"For a short period of time in the 1990s, Um Bongo was renamed Um Ognob as a marketing ploy.

Song Lyrics

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, a hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango. He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.
The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo", Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.
The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin. The parrot painted packets that the whole caboodle landed in.
So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

The song was sung by Tony Jackson, a member of the band 'Rage', best known for their 1992 number 4 chart hit, "Run to You". "

I've also loaded up a youtube video of the song sung by some bloke on xfm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.